November 1, 2012

November 1 Q & A - Favorite Quote

I'm randomly back again. I have a lot to share from the past few months, but I don't feel like writing about any of that just yet. Rather, I came across writing prompts for the month of November, and it looks like fun! Yay, fun!

Before I get too much into it, though, it was brought to my attention that my blog has compatibility issues with Internet Explorer. Being that I only use Safari, I had no idea! And I have no idea how to fix it. I had been wanting to switch over to WordPress, so it seems like now is the perfect time. Or maybe not if I can fix this compatibility thing. I'm so indecisive. I guess my point is, if you read my blog on IE then I'm sorry everything has looked a mess. You have been so very polite for playing along this whole time; hopefully it will be fixed soon in one way or another.

But back to the point of this post. Here is the prompt for today:

Tell us your favorite quotation and why.

This kind of feels like deja vu. I might have written about this before, but I'm too lazy to check. In any case, what may have been my favorite quote before might not be my favorite quote now. That's the cool thing about quotes. Quotes have different meanings based on what you're going through at the moment. One of my all time favorite quotes is:

"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacle were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination." - Souza


(my Souza magnet)

There have been so many times in my life that I told myself my life would really start after this or after that. I think school is a perfect example. When I was in school, both times, I told myself how much greater things would be when I finished. Instead of enjoying my time learning, I looked forward to what was to come. But in reality, what came after was working full time and not using my degrees. Fun! And then there's the thought that when Nick and I have kids, as if that will ever happen, our life will really start. Which is just a stupid way to think.

This quote is a favorite because it's a constant reminder not to think like an idiot. I'm getting better, but I'm by no means there yet. Because wherever you go, there you are, right?

PS - Go Giants!

2 comments:

  1. I love quotes too. Sometimes a good quote can lift you right up out of the dumps. I think one of my favorites is by Maya Angelou. It goes something like this:
    This is a beautiful day, I have not seen this one before.

    Love You Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When one door of happiness closes, another door opens. But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

    Ef gave me that quote senior year, right before graduation. I think about it constantly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...